Blue Meanie Mushrooms (Panaeolus Cyanescens)
Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami. Blue meanie mushrooms (Panaeolus cyanescens, formerly Copelandia cyanescens) — also known as “blue meanies” — are a highly potent species of psilocybin mushroom. You will notice, however, that the first part of its scientific name (Panaeolus) is different from other species of magic mushrooms (e.g. Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe semilanceata). This is because it belongs to a different genus. Mushrooms from the genus Panaeolus are common, and they grow all over the world in tropical and temperate environments.
Yet while blue meanies do not belong to the genus Psilocybe (as most magic mushrooms do), they still contain the same psychedelic compounds: psilocybin and psilocin. Many users seek out blue meanie mushrooms because they are one of the most potent magic mushrooms, so you don’t need to take as much to achieve desired effects.
Identifying Panaeolus Cyanescens And Blue Meanie Lookalikes
First, you should be aware that blue meanies grow in the wild. So if you wanted to source them by picking them (instead of buying them from a street dealer or on the dark web), then you need to know what they look like. After all, blue meanie mushrooms have some lookalikes, many of which are harmless, but some are physically risky to consume.
Where Do Blue Meanies Grow? | Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami
The first necessary step in identifying blue meanies in the wild is knowing where they grow. This means being aware of the kind of habitat they grow in, as well as the countries where you’ll find them.
Panaeolus cyanescens is a tropical/subtropical grassland species, often found in dung (just like Psilocybe cubensis). They tend to grow on cattle or horse dung in pastures and fields, growing singly, as well as in groups. If you were not aware of blue meanies, you might miss a patch while foraging for the more popular Psilocybe cubensis.
In tropical regions, blue meanies grow year-round. In the subtropics, they grow from late spring to autumn (depending on rain and humidity). They are known to be found in temperate zones during wet and humid parts of summer.
Panaeolus cyanescens grows in both hemispheres. These mushrooms have been found in several countries in Africa, Oceania, The Caribbean, Central America, South America, South Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia, Europe, and the United States.
How To Identify And Get Blue Meanie Mushrooms In Miami
- Cap (pileus): 1.5-4 cm across. At first hemispheric, expanding to campanulate to convex, with an incurved margin when young. Young caps begin as a light brown color and fade to off-white or light gray at maturity, sometimes with yellowish or brownish tones. The caps often develop cracks in dry weather. They are slightly hygrophanous (they changed color as they lose or absorb water), turning greenish or blue where damaged.
- Gills (lamellae): Broadly adnate to adnexed attachment. They start out gray and turn black as the spores mature, and have white edges.
- Stem (stipe): 7-12 cm long by 2-3 mm thick, equal to slightly enlarged at the base. It is colored like the cap, staining blue where bruised.
- Odor and taste: Farinaceous (“flour-like”)
Blue Meanie Mushroom Lookalikes
The most common lookalike species are other Panaeolus species, Protostropharia semiglobata, Conocybe species, Pholiotina rugosa, Tubaria furfuracea, and possibly Deconia species.
Panaeolus antillarum, for instance, looks very similar, and it was even once thought to be the same species as Panaeolus cyanescens. However, the former has a thicker cap and is lighter in color. Another way to tell them apart is the bluing reaction of psilocybin you get with blue meanies.
You should be aware of the lookalike Pholotina rugosa, found in the Pacific Northwest, as it contains amatoxins. These are the same toxins found in “death caps” (Amanita phalloides), and they can be deadly if treatment is not immediately sought.
Some lookalikes grow on different substrates, which can help in distinguishing between those ones and actual blue meanie mushrooms. For example, Tubaria furfuracea looks similar to blue meanies but it grows on chips and not dung. It has a hygrophanous cap, like Panaeolus cyanescens, yet they are more delicate and not as flexible.
To help with identifying the correct species, you could:
- Take a field guide for your area
- Have some forums handy on your phone, such as Shroomery’s “Mushrooms Hunting and Identification” subforum
- Use the iNaturalist app, which provides identifications when photos of mushrooms are uploaded
- Join local Facebook groups (members may be aware of local lookalikes)
Also, make sure you check all the mushrooms as you collect them and avoid any that don’t fit the description of blue meanies provided above.
How To Grow Blue Meanie Mushrooms
It is certainly possible to cultivate Panaeolus cyanescens, although doing so can be more challenging than if you were to grow Psilocybe cubensis (which is great for beginner growers).
You can grow blue meanies with the right setup, but you need patience and lots of care and attention. Since growing them can be considered a more intermediate and advanced project, only try cultivating them if you’ve had success growing Psilocybe cubensis before.
Panaeolus cyanescens don’t grow as quickly as Psilocybe cubensis, and it generally takes twice the amount of time before forming pins after the mycelium is exposed to fruiting conditions. Also, the longer the mushrooms take to cultivate, the greater the risk of contamination. This is why cleanliness is of the utmost importance.
It’s easier to grow blue meanies outdoors, so that’s worth keeping in mind before committing to an indoor setup.
Blue Meanie Mushroom Spores
First, you need to obtain some Panaeolus cyanescens spores. These are the reproductive cells that allow the mushroom to grow. Magic mushroom spores do not contain psilocybin, so they are not themselves illegal. Nevertheless, once they germinate and begin producing mycelium, psilocybin will be produced, making the end product illegal (since psilocybin is a controlled substance in most countries).
Magic mushroom spores are, however, illegal in California, Georgia, and Idaho. In the other 47 states, you’re free to buy and possess them.
There are different ways to get wavy cap spores. One way is to extract your spores from the mushrooms themselves. The more popular option, though, is to buy them online from a vendor selling a spore syringe or print. The spore syringe is an oral syringe that contains just water and the wavy cap spores, while spore prints are little pieces of paper with the spores stamped onto them. The prints are dried and need to be rehydrated when you want to use them.
Steps For Growing Blue Meanies
Growing Panaeolus cyanescens involves the same process as growing other types of magic mushrooms, such as Psilocybe cubensis and its varieties. You should refer to our guide on how to grow psilocybin mushrooms at home for detailed instructions.
But let’s offer a quick summary of the necessary steps:
- Obtaining the right ingredients, equipment, and hygiene supplies
- Preparing the jars
- Preparing the grow chamber
- Drying the mushrooms for long-term storage
Whatever kind of magic mushroom you decide to grow, unsuccessful attempts are always a possibility. But this doesn’t mean you should give up. Persistence is key to success here.
Blue Meanie Mushroom Potency
Are blue meanie mushrooms strong? The short answer is an emphatic “yes”. But you’ll likely want to know just how strong they are.
Albert Hofmann (the Swiss chemist who first synthesized LSD) analyzed Panaeolus cyanescens in the 1960s (they were then known as Copelandia cyanescens). He found they had high concentrations of psilocin but only slight quantities of psilocybin.
High concentrations of psilocin mean that the effects of blue meanies may come on relatively quickly. This is because psilocin is the psychoactive chemical that causes psychedelic effects, whereas psilocybin is a prodrug that the body metabolizes into psilocin after ingestion.
It is often reported that blue meanies are two to three times the strength of Psilocybe cubensis. But there is little data to support such claims. T.C. Stivje, in 1992, found that they were variable in their potency. They can contain 0.17 to 0.95 percent psilocin and 0.16 to 0.19 psilocybin. Psilocybe cubensis, for comparison, has been found to have concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin ranging from 0.14 and 0.42 percent and 0.37 and 1.30 percent, respectively.
However, research from 2010 — based on commercially grown magic mushrooms seized by German customs authorities — reveals that the highest total amounts of psilocin were detected in dried Panaeolus cyanescens, reaching up to 3.00+/-0.24 mg per 100 mg. This makes modern commercially cultivated strains of this species the most potent psychedelic mushroom ever described in published research.
Dosage For Blue Meanies | Where To Get Blue meanie mushroom In Miami
The above discussion shows that there may be some uncertainty regarding just how potent blue meanies are. Nonetheless, a good rule of thumb is that they are generally quite potent. This means you should take a lower dosage of them compared to less potent species of magic mushrooms (assuming you want a similar intensity of effects).
For example, Erowid lists the following dosages for Psilocybe cubensis, a medium strength psilocybin mushroom:
- Light: 0.25-1 g
- Common: 1-2.5 g
- Strong: 2.5-5 g
- Heavy: 5+ g
Based on the levels of potency that blue meanies can reach, it is generally recommended to take half the normal dose of Psilocybe cubensis, and see what the effects are like. The website Shroomery has its own Magic Mushroom Dosage Calculator, which can tell you how many grams of a particular species of magic mushroom you should consume based on how intense you want the experience to be.
With this in mind, as well as Erowid’s dosage recommendations for Psilocybe cubensis, the following dosages for blue meanie mushrooms are a good rule of thumb:
- Light: 0.15-0.5 g
- Common: 0.5-1.5 g
- Strong: 1.5-2.5 g
- Heavy: 2.5+ g
Panaelous Cyanescens Effects | Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami
When you consume blue meanie mushrooms, you can experience a range of perceptual, emotional, physical, and mystical effects. They also vary depending on your set and setting, and the dosage that you take. Let’s look at the kind of experience you can expect from different dosages:
Blue Meanie Mushroom Effects At A Low Dose (0.15-0.5 g)
- Colors become slightly brighter
- The edges of objects appear more distinct
- Things look as if they’re in high definition
- The features of objects moving slightly
- Music and external sounds have a different quality to them
- Positive mood
- Increased appreciation for music
Physical Effects: Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami
- A slight feeling of nausea
- Dilated pupils
- Increase heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature
- A light body high
Blue Meanie Mushroom Effects At A Medium Dose (0.5-1.5 g)
- Colors become noticeably enhanced and vivid
- Objects move, morph, and “breathe”
- You can see geometric patterns overlaid on objects and the environment, as well as behind closed eyelids
- You can see tracers (trails left behind moving objects, similar to those seen in long exposure photography)
- Synesthesia: When different sense perceptions become mixed, so you can see sounds and hear colors, for example
- Sounds become noticeably distorted
- Euphoria (including when listening to music)
- Anxiety, fear, dread, or panic
- A feeling of contentment or peace of mind
- Nausea (this feeling of uneasiness in the stomach usually only lasts at the beginning of the trip)
- Sometimes vomiting
- More dilated pupils
- A further increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature
- A stronger body high
- Muscle weakness
Blue Meanie Mushroom Effects At A High Dose (1.5-2.5 g)
- Visions of imagery, scenes, and entities (both with eyes opened or closed)
- Seeing objects and people morph in intense and strange ways
- Strong geometric and fractal hallucinations
- Auditory hallucinations
- Boundless love
- Intense feelings of gratitude
- A strong feeling of euphoria and joy when listening to music
- Intense states of dread or despair
- A feeling of sacredness
Physical Effects: Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami
- Strong nausea
- A greater chance of vomiting
- An intense body high
- Loss of coordination (this is why it’s important to have a trip sitter when taking a high dose, as they can ensure that you don’t jeopardize your physical safety in any way)
A Strong Dose Of Blue Meanies Can Induce Mystical Effects
If you take a high dose of magic mushrooms, and potentially if you take a medium dose, you can experience mystical effects, which classically include:
- A feeling of unity (also known as oneness)
- Noetic quality: The feeling of gaining insightful knowledge, experienced at an intuitive level. You may have the sense of encountering ultimate reality
- A sense of sacredness or reverence
- Positive mood: Feelings of peace, tranquility, ecstasy, awe, or joy
- Transcendence of time and space: you may have the sense of being “outside time”, being in a realm with no spatial boundaries, or existing in a timeless state
- Ineffability: You feel that you cannot adequately describe the experience in words
Duration Of Blue Meanie Mushroom Effects | Buy Blue meanie mushroom For Sale Miami
A blue meanie mushroom trip will generally last between 4-6 hours. This duration is pretty consistent. In clinical trials involving psilocybin, most sessions will last up to six hours. After this time, the participants will no longer experience any psychedelic effects.
But the duration of a psilocybin experience for any individual depends on a few factors:
- Dosage: Taking a low dose of magic mushrooms could result in a trip lasting only a few hours, whereas consuming a high dose could lead to a six-hour experience.
- Method of Consumption: It takes around 30 minutes for shrooms to kick in. But you can quicken this process through lemon tekking — it is believed the citric acid in the lemon juice breaks down the mushroom material, saving your body some time it would otherwise spend breaking it down. The lemon tek method may result in a faster onset and a stronger and shorter journey than eating dried mushrooms as they are.
- Eating psilocybin mushrooms on an empty stomach can lead to a faster onset than consuming them on a full stomach.
- Cannabis may elongate a magic mushroom trip if you smoke it towards the end of the experience. This is because cannabis tends to potentiate the effects of psychedelics. Not everyone may experience this effect, however.
Psilocybin mushrooms have neither long-lasting nor short-lasting effects. Here is the duration of other psychedelics, so you can get a better sense of this:
- DMT: 5-30 minutes
- 5-MeO-DMT: 15-45 minutes
- LSD: 8-14 hours
- Mescaline: 8-16 hours
- Ibogaine: 8-24 hours
The duration of a mushroom trip is comparable to that of ayahuasca (also 4-6 hours). For many users, 4-6 hours of tripping is ideal; it means the experience is easier to fit into a day and less likely to interrupt sleep than, say, mescaline or LSD. But it is also not quick and short-lived like the DMT or 5-MeO-DMT experience, so there’s still plenty of time to digest what is happening.
Jessica Walker –
Unreal. The best of the best of the best 🙂 I was dying of laughter having an unreal trip.
David Porter –
Good quality for special feature, enjoying the vacation
Kaleigh Cunningham –
Had to eat more than an eighth to feel It
Jemma Mercer –
Didn’t made me hallucinate but i was tripping. Laughed for no reason.
Lexie Dean –
Very nice relaxing happy energetic punch. A bit more dirt than I enjoy and small caps and thin stems, but appearance is deceiving… Extra warm feeling and not too sweaty with the magic shrooms. Great for first timers in SMALL amounts. Not as shamanistic as the Arenal Volcano or Penis Envy. Good time shroom-ers! Thank you. Very appreciated! 🙂
Willow Gallagher –
Mushrooms very very weak
Emmalyn Long –
These were awesome! Had a great trip, definitely recommend.
Maya Watts –
Chill, laid back, giggly mushrooms with some nice mild visual effects. Great for sitting around a campfire.
Esme Lane –
first time and it was perfect.
Ella Khan –
These are better than anything I’ve found in the GTA, helped my wife and I reconnect after a pending divorce problem. Very spiritual and definitely worth it. Recommend mixing 2 grams of blue meanies PB with 2 grams Jedi Mind Fuck PB , an experience that was on the next level.
Moriah Hines –